New Zealand Immigration

Accurate Main Site
Free Assessment
Our Services
Site Map
Contact Us
   How points are allocated
   Immigration Requirements
   Working in New Zealand
   Skilled Migrant
   Work to Residence
   Residence from Work
   Temporary Work Visa
   Working Holiday Visa
   Our Services
   Why choose a Solicitor ?
   Accurate's Solicitors
   About New Zealand
   Contact Us


Studying in New Zealand

A Student Visa or Permit is required to study in New Zealand, at school or tertiary level, unless the student:
  • is taking a single course only, of less than three calendar months duration, which is approved or exempted by NZQA, then only a Visitor Visa is required
  • is a citizen of New Zealand or Australia
  • holds a New Zealand residence permit
  • is an Australian resident with a current Permanent Residence Visa or a current Resident Return Visa
Exchange students who have been offered a place in an approved exchange scheme may apply for a Student Visa for the duration of their exchange, provided they:
    • are a bona fide exchange participant
    • meet the health and character requirements
    • provide evidence that they have been accepted into an approved student exchange scheme (from the scheme organiser)
    • have onward travel arrangements for when their exchange scheme has finished
Requirements for a visa or permit to study in New Zealand:

The applicant must:
  • meet the New Zealand requirements for international students
  • have an offer of a place from a New Zealand education provider on a course which is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
  • be accompanied to New Zealand by a parent or legal guardian if enrolling in years 1 to 8 of a school, or a student aged 13 or under enrolled in a private training establishment.
  • meet health and character requirements and prove to us that their intent is genuine
  • provide evidence of adequate funds for living expenses for the duration of their stay
  • provide evidence that they will leave New Zealand at the end of the period of study
  • hold a passport that is valid for at least three months past the end of their intended stay
Note: if the student is a partner or child of a New Zealand resident and visa holder, their Study Permit conditions may depend on the immigration status of the partner or parent.

FREE Assessment - click here

Solicitors appointed by Accurate Immigration are Regulated by the New Zealand Law Society.

The information on this page is intended to be general in nature and should not be construed as applying to the reader's individual set of circumstances. It does not constitute legal advice. Eligibility requirements and the application of laws vary on a case-by-case basis. Furthermore, Immigration laws, regulations and policies are always subject to change at any time without advance notice.
2001 - 2007